Social Housing Sector

Housing Disrepair

If you are a tenant living in a residential property, you should not have to tolerate conditions of disrepair. If you are living with disrepair, you are entitled to have essential repairs carried out and may be entitled to compensation.

Landlords should be notified of any disrepair and must not delay unreasonably in carrying out remedial works. If a Landlord fails to act, you may become eligible for a considerable amount of compensation for the inconvenience caused, which could include compensation for respiratory symptoms attributable to actionable dampness.

Case example

The team at Oliver Fisher are specialists in Housing Disrepair claims. Our solicitor Arman Khosravi recently acted where the tenant of a purpose built block of flats complained about water penetration and subsidence. The Courts awarded our client general damages of over £11,000. 

Oliver Fisher has helped hundreds of clients successfully obtain repairs and substantial awards of compensation.

Costs and Alternative methods of Funding

Where Legal Aid is not available, we at Oliver Fisher can offer competitive fixed fee quotes. In disrepair cases we may be able to offer a conditional fee agreement. 

Contact us today on 0203 219 0145 or by email on advice@oliverfisher.co.ukto find out more about how we can help you. 

Main Contacts

Arman Khosravi


View Profile email
Avikar Singh


View Profile email