A CAREER WITH US
Oliver Fisher is looking to recruit either a paralegal or a legal secretary with at least 3 years experience working alongside a conveyancing solicitor / busy conveyancing department. You will also need to be able to touch type at speeds of 60wpm plus, will ideally have experience of Big Hand and be confident in dealing with Case Management Systems, Quillenium, Microsoft Office and other I.T. systems.
WordPress & Digital Marketing Developer – 6 Months Contract / part-time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative individual with knowledge of WordPress and digital marketing to help promote the firm’s online presence.
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive we are not always able to respond to each applicant individually.
Trainees & Paralegals: Normally our trainees are recruited initially as Paralegals and, provided we are happy with their performance, they then progress to a training contract. At present we have one trainee.
The qualities we are looking for in a prospective trainee (this is not an exhaustive list) include the following:-
- High academic qualifications. We do not normally consider applicants with less than a 2:1 degree, although we sometimes make exceptions to this rule if other academic qualifications are particularly good;
- Good commercial awareness and ability to use ones initiative when required;
- High understanding of, and approach to, law and procedure;
- Enthusiasm and interest for the areas of law in which the firm specialises;
- Practical experience of the workplace, dealing with a wide cross section of people;
- Experience of working in a legal environment;
- Interests and achievements outside the workplace and the law.