A CAREER WITH US
Oliver Fisher is always looking for future trainees, solicitors and paralegals.
We promote equal opportunities and actively encourage a friendly and balanced work environment that encourages group activities, out of office events, sports and charitable fund raising.
We recruit 1-2 trainees a year, in some cases we consider “time to count” if you have had previous experience, subject to SRA approval. We allocate seats according to your preference and business needs. The length of the seat can vary if you have a particular leaning to a specific area. We encourage contentious and non-contentious seats. Applications are by personal covering letter and CV to be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
2018 – 2020 Training Contract Vacancies:
30th October 2018 – Shortlisting ends 30th September 2017
28th January 2020 – Shortlisting begins 1st October 2018
Oliver Fisher is looking to recruit a Housing Solicitor. We are looking for a Solicitor with experience in dealing with all types of Possession matters, Homelessness Appeals, Disrepair and Unlawful Evictions. The candidate must have a Legal Aid background with at least 2 years’ post-qualification experience. We are a Legal 500 recognised firm, employing over 25 staff.
Oliver Fisher is looking to recruit either a paralegal or a legal secretary with at least 3 years experience working alongside a conveyancing solicitor / busy conveyancing department. You will also need to be able to touch type at speeds of 60wpm plus, will ideally have experience of Big Hand and be confident in dealing with Case Management Systems, Quillenium, Microsoft Office and other I.T. systems.
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive we are not always able to respond to each applicant individually.
Trainees & Paralegals: Normally our trainees are recruited initially as Paralegals and, provided we are happy with their performance, they then progress to a training contract. At present we have one trainee.
The qualities we are looking for in a prospective trainee (this is not an exhaustive list) include the following:-
- High academic qualifications. We do not normally consider applicants with less than a 2:1 degree, although we sometimes make exceptions to this rule if other academic qualifications are particularly good;
- Good commercial awareness and ability to use ones initiative when required;
- High understanding of, and approach to, law and procedure;
- Enthusiasm and interest for the areas of law in which the firm specialises;
- Practical experience of the workplace, dealing with a wide cross section of people;
- Experience of working in a legal environment;
- Interests and achievements outside the workplace and the law.