A CAREER WITH US
Oliver Fisher is looking to recruit a paralegal with at least 2 years experience working alongside a Housing Solicitor. You will also need to be familiar with Legal Aid, and will ideally have experience Quillenium, Microsoft Office and other I.T. systems.
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive we are not always able to respond to each applicant individually.
Trainees & Paralegals: Normally our trainees are recruited initially as Paralegals and, provided we are happy with their performance, they then progress to a training contract. At present we have one trainee.
The qualities we are looking for in a prospective trainee (this is not an exhaustive list) include the following:-
- High academic qualifications. We do not normally consider applicants with less than a 2:1 degree, although we sometimes make exceptions to this rule if other academic qualifications are particularly good;
- Good commercial awareness and ability to use ones initiative when required;
- High understanding of, and approach to, law and procedure;
- Enthusiasm and interest for the areas of law in which the firm specialises;
- Practical experience of the workplace, dealing with a wide cross section of people;
- Experience of working in a legal environment;
- Interests and achievements outside the workplace and the law.