Defined as 2 people who are over the age of 18, married, in a civil partnership or have been living together in a relationship for a period of 2 years. There must also be an intention to stay together after application has been made.
UK Spouse Visa- 2 year route
You can no longer apply for this visa route, you can apply however to extend this visa if;
- You applied as a partner before 9 July 2012
- Are not yet eligible to settle
- Have kept to the terms of your original visa
- You must be able to show that you are financially able to support yourselves and any dependants and that you will not be a drain on public funds
- You must be able to show that you have good knowledge of the English language applicable to those over the age of 18
UK Spouse Visa- 5 year route
You must first meet the eligibility requirements for the partner routes and if you’re 18 or over you must prove that you have a good knowledge of the English Language.
You must also meet the financial requirement of:
- £18,600 per year if you’re applying only for yourself
- £22,400 per year for you and one child
- £2,400 per year for each additional child