The type of visa required for an individual wishing to stay in the UK subject to eligibility on the basis that they have a family member or spouse who possess indefinite leave to remain in the UK is known as a ‘family of a settled person visa’ and are valid for 2 years and 6 months.
You must meet with the eligibility requirements listed below in order to qualify for this visa, please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options available to you.
Application are only available if the following are satisfied;
· From outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
· Applying from and are in the UK at time of application (There is a different process and set of rules for those wanting to join a family member who are outside of the UK at the time of application, click here for information on this)
Applications are welcomed if;
· You are needing to extend your existing ‘family of a settled person visa’
· You are wanting to switch in to the ‘family of a settled person visa’ category
Family members must satisfy one of the following;
· Be a British Citizen
· Has settled in the UK
· Be your partner who has asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK
Dependant on your family members immigration status and history there could be exceptions to this visa, however we at Vincent Solicitors can discuss this with you in order to find the most suitable option based on your individual circumstances.