Child Care Parlegal / Legal Executive
OLIVER FISHER is a pro-active law firm in the heart of Kensington offering a comprehensive range of legal services. Established in 1957 the practice has grown and evolved to meet the ever changing needs of our customers.Our hard earned reputation in the legal world is based on traditional values along with the desire and ability to provide high quality legal advice dispensed by a team of experienced lawyers who recognise the personal touch. We are a Legal 500 recognised firm, employing over 27 staff.
Key Skills Required:
•To have at least 1-2 years experience of working in a busy Child Care department and a working knowledge of the CCMS Legal Aid Portal;
•To have relevant Child Care law knowledge and a passion for Child Care Law;
•The ability to manage a busy and varied workload, working independently and as part of a team.
•To have a good eye for detail;
•Advocacy skills will be an advantage although not a necessity;
•Excellent IT skills;
£18,000 – £26,000PA Pro Rata – Depending on experience.
Apply now by sending your cv and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive we are not always able to respond to each applicant individually.
Trainees & Paralegals: Normally our trainees are recruited initially as Paralegals and, provided we are happy with their performance, they then progress to a training contract. At present we have one trainee.
The qualities we are looking for in a prospective trainee (this is not an exhaustive list) include the following:-
- High academic qualifications. We do not normally consider applicants with less than a 2:1 degree, although we sometimes make exceptions to this rule if other academic qualifications are particularly good;
- Good commercial awareness and ability to use ones initiative when required;
- High understanding of, and approach to, law and procedure;
- Enthusiasm and interest for the areas of law in which the firm specialises;
- Practical experience of the workplace, dealing with a wide cross section of people;
- Experience of working in a legal environment;
- Interests and achievements outside the workplace and the law
Housing, family, Solicitor and paralegal Jobs in London and Kensington. Housing, family, divorce, conveyancing and Property Lawyer Jobs in London